Friday, July 20, 2012

"Brave" Movie Review

I have come to disapprove of the Plugged In Christian Movie Reviews. I have thought that it was more of the reviewer's opinion than an unbiased opinion. So I just decided that I would start doing Christian reviews of my own. (Though I will have a section labeled my opinion). Her it goes.


Basic Plot:
The main character, Merida, is being forced to marry by here mother. She rides into the forest enraged that here mother would try something so mindlessly. She stumbles into a witch's house and gets a spell that will change here mother so that here fate would be changed. When she uses the spell on here mother she changes into a bear. For the rest of the movie Merida is trying to change here mother back to a human.

Positive Elements:
There was some very funny humour in this movie. Merida's little brother and father mostly. Other than that I cannot think of any other positive elements.

Negative Elements:
At one point one of the kingdom's head honcho's moons two others. Nothing is shown to the audience. Later on, at least five men are shown buck naked from behind. As are Merida's three little brothers.
Merida does not treat her mother with respect at all and is shown yelling at here more than once. And twisting here words around.
The entire movie is about controling your own fate. But really it's God that is in control not us.
There's magic wisps, a witch, and spells. Also people get turned into bears!

My Opinion:
Disney messed this movie up BIG time. I was etremely disappointed in this movie. I urge you not to waste a single cent on it.

Hope this helped.

No comments:

Post a Comment