Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Hunger Games

I had heard so much about this book series. Some positive others negative. Most positive. So I borrowed the first book with much anticipation. I quickly flipped through the first pages as I read them. The first two chapters I liked. Then I saw the true side of the main character, Katniss. She seems to me that she is angry, unlikable, snooty, and dry. All the other characters seemed the same way. Other than Gale. Then the violence started. When I think of a book I want to think of heroes and valiant deeds. This book had neither. Some of the scenes flipped  my stomach upside down and left a nasty taste in my mouth. For some people violence is not an issue. But for me... well... I guess that I am not a blood and gore kind of guy. Many people disagree, I am sure, but that's my view of the Hunger Games.

1 comment:

  1. You're not the only one who thinks like this; I think exactly the same way. : )

    Just so you don't think I'm some random nutcase: I'm Eru Brightsword from the Starseekers forum. ^.^ You have an awesom eblog here!

    ReplyDelete