Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Theme

So I said I would keep you posted on what I decided to do. Well, after finishing a Novel Idea, I realized that my novel before lacked a christian theme. While I was still writing it I had thought about this. "Ah," I said, "this is going to be a book to read just for fun." I am utterly ashamed that I thought this. "Whatever you do do it for the glory of God." (Forgot where it's from) So if there are any authors reading this post, let me tell you "whatever" means everything. Don't be selfish with your novel. Because it is not yours! It is God's. So ask God what he wants you to write. God will guide your heart in the right direction. Anyway the theme for my novel is why a devotional life is so important. My central character has strayed from God's word. His whole life has been impacted because of it. Don't get me wrong here. It is not going to be a sermon. If theme takes over that's what it becomes. This novel will be action packed. Perhaps I will post the first chapter once I am through with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment